21 February 2010

I heard

Hello Friends. I've been so reluctant to write here lately, to make public anything about my life. Some things have recently happened that have made me feel very unsafe. I don't have many words of my own at present, but I want to share the words of another with you:

I heard the voice of Jesus say

A hymn by Horatius Bonar

I heard the voice of Jesus say, "Come unto me and rest.
Lay down, O weary one lay down your head upon my breast."
I came to Jesus as I was, so weary, worn and sad.
I found in him a resting place, and he has made me glad.

I heard the voice of Jesus say, "Behold, I freely give
the living water, thirsty one; stoop down and drink and live."
I came to Jesus, and I drank of that life-giving stream.
My thirst was quenched, my soul revived, and now I live in him.

I heard the voice of Jesus say, "I am this world's dark light.
Look unto me, your morn shall rise, and all your day be bright."
I looked to Jesus, and I found in him my star, my sun,
and in that light of life I'll walk till trav'ling days are done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jesus keeps us safe. Lean unto Him and not our own understanding. Sometimes I don't feel safe. Online safe... in my house safe... in my car safe... at work safe... my salvation safe.

Its not in our hands sweetie. He is in complete control and weather we like it or not He will do what He wants with us and never leave us.

I'll pray for you.