05 March 2009

All New People

Anne Lamott says, “A hundred years from now? All new people.”

I haven’t been around a hundred years. And I’m not getting rid of any “old people” in my life (Love you guys!).

But I’ve been thinking this week about seasons of life and how grateful I am that we have friends who stay throughout many seasons and how grateful I am that there are new people in each season!

How when we move cities, jobs, groups, committees, interests or even energy levels, all of these new people show up and make our lives more colorful and richer than they were before. Maybe not even new people, but you know them in a new way- they play a new role in your life.

During this season, I have joined:
2 new, incredibly different writing groups
1 new, amazing home group
1 new planning committee

And I have encountered amazing new people:
Lovely, strong, vulnerable women who will watch movies and eat potato chips with me!
Lovely, strong, vulnerable women who read books that I recommend and lend me their favorite books & movies!
Lovely, strong, vulnerable women who are so creative about planning all manner of things & road-tripping with me!
Lovely, strong, vulnerable women who are share their stories with me, who listen to mine, who have vision for what comes next and faith for the things I’m afraid of!
Admirable, funny, courageous men who geek out on writing together! Who write stuff they love & are willing to share that with me!
Admirable, funny, courageous men who are willing to listen to what I write!

Thank you, new people! Thank you, "old people"!
Thank you, God, for knowing what we need and giving it to us in flesh, skin & bones, laughter and popcorn fights.

Peace

2 comments:

Ashley Reale said...

Thank you, lovely Lindsay! You are amazing ;)

laurennicolelove.com said...

your contentment is a blessing