So many parts of my heart sigh- a peaceful sigh of surrender- like something falling off of my shoulders- when I hear this song. I've been learning what forgiveness looks like this year, what it feels like. I'm learning what it feels like to be forgiven and what it feels like to forgive. In both cases, it feels like freedom.
Forgiven
by Deb Talan
You worry on
hurting anybody anymore
You worry on
small comfort
One of us seems not to tremble
You make a rift inside me
every day
Then you choose to stay
I walk the edge and push it wider
You are forgiven
I open all my doors
You are forgiven
What a heart is for
I am no martyr
You give me reason
I try harder
and I wait
for a warmer season
Meanwhile,
You are
forgiven
I hear a soft noise
like a sigh,
A singing like a lullaby
It is my heart
It is this wind
that blows through,
Where you held me closer,
Where we whisper
This is this is true
You are forgiven
I open all my doors
You are forgiven
What a heart is for
I am no martyr
You give me reason
I try harder
And I wait
for a warmer season
Meanwhile,
You are
forgiven
And it's time
to go
I cannot stay
You cannot know
My love
So dear
Will it be faith or fear?
You are forgiven
open all my doors
You are forgiven
What a heart is for
I am no martyr
You give me reason
I try harder
And I wait
for a warmer season
Meanwhile,
You are
forgiven
You are Forgiven
1 comment:
boo! (i know, seasonally out of place) not even very far in the warmer direction, either. hrmmm. i hope the play was fun.
Post a Comment