16 November 2007

Five nights ago, over the phone, he told me that when he saw me, he would hug me. Pick me up just a few inches off the floor- so I wouldn't have to feel gravity- for just a moment. When he told me, I floated a little, if only on the words.

He made good on his promise. Three nights ago, as he hugged me, he explained to me what a hug means. He's not just hugging me for the sake of tradition or even because he wants to be close to me. He's telling me he care with his arms and not just his words.

He brought me flowers last night. Mouthy, white snapdragons. Spiky, green mums. Glowing, orange gerberas. I'd show you a picture, but I didn't take one. Words will have to do.

I don't know what will happen. I could spill a thousand words here and never know the future. I could read a thousand words and still be uncertain. But these are words I know: I love this.